Girls who wear hijab want to look their best, and luckily, hijab fashion is blossoming nowadays. There are so many hijab styles for face shapes, and you can always find the one that will match yours and make you look like a queen. Find out everything about hijab styles and face shapes!
Latest hijab styles
Hijab is not just a regular accessory – it is much more. Obviously, we all have different face shapes, and every face shape has a matching hijab style that would show the face in the best light and hide all the flaws.
There are a few most popular face shapes that most people have – oval, round, heart-shaped, square, long, and diamond. First of all, we will teach you how to find your own face shape. Then, we will show you the most fashionable hijab styles that you can use to show the benefits of your facial structure.
How to find what your face shape is?
There are a few steps to finding out which type of face you have. First of all, look into the mirror and see what your widest face part is:
- Forehead – if you can clearly see that your forehead is the widest, and your face tapers down gently to the chin, you have a heart-shaped face, which people also call inverted triangle shape.
- Cheekbones – if your cheekbones are the widest, you clearly have a diamond face shape.
- Jaw – usually, the jaw is the widest on the triangular (or heart) face shapes.
- Everything is equal – if you notice that your forehead equals your cheekbones and your jaw, your face can be square or round. For more clarification, see the next steps.
The second step would be determining your jaw shape. Look closely at your jaw and you will see what shape it takes:
- Round – this is an indication that you have a round face.
- Square – having a strong jaw means that you probably have a square face, but remember that triangular (heart-shaped) and diamond faces can also have a square jaw.
- Pointy – if your chin is pointed, then your face might belong to the heart-shaped category.
And finally, the third step is determining your face length. For this, you can draw a line in your mind below the eyes, and then draw another one vertically from top of the forehead to your chin:
- Average – if the ratio of these lines is about 1 (in width) to 1,5 (in length), then your face length is average. You will not know your face shape just by this attribute since the average face shape can coincide with most of the shapes. So, check out the other factors.
- Short – if the imaginary cross you drew has a ratio 1:1, then it is highly possible that your face shape is round.
- Long – if your face is rather oblong, then you can have a long face shape, but sometimes it also may be an index of some other face shapes, depending on the other factors.
If you have determined your face shape, congratulations! See which hijabs you can wear to showcase all the beauty of your facial structure and demonstrate your sense of fashion.
1. Hijab styles for oval face shapes
Oval face shape is considered to be the most universal face shape of all the existing ones. Usually, the oval faces are rather long, and they have defined cheekbones, as well as the tapered chin form. If you are the lucky owner of an oval face shape, you can be versatile with the styles of hijabs.
You can wear your hijab high on the forehead. If your forehead is round, you can use the under-cap, which will visually decrease the illusion of roundness. Under-caps are also good because you can experiment with them and use the cheerful colored ones. If you have chubby cheeks, you should be aware that if you put on the headscarf horizontally, your face will seem even more round. So, you should try to frame the face by wearing the under-scarf in a diagonal way, or in a crossed position which covers most of the cheeks but exposes the forehead.
If you have an oval face, you are advised to wear your hijab by wrapping the scarf around your face firmly and then tucking it under the chin. In case you prefer more fitted looks, you should avoid having folds because they make your face look rounder and shorter than it is.